Admiral Nurses are specialist mental health nurses that work in partnership with carers and those living with dementia.
With the help of a variety of professionals, the team work in the community to support the families of people with dementia and improve the quality of life of dementia sufferers by offering home visits and practical advice to help you to deal with the emotions and psychological issues which can be associated with the dementia journey.
- Skilled assessments of the needs of family carers and individuals with dementia
- Information and practical advice on different aspects of caring for a relative or friend with dementia
- Guidance about accessing relevant services
- Skills to assist with care-giving and to promote positive approaches to living with dementia
- Working with family carers to enable them to express their wishes and views about the services they receive.
The page was last updated on 9 July 2014