We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website.   If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive cookies, but if you want, you can change your cookies settings at any time.

GOV.UK: Widowed Parent’s Allowance

MyPad lets you save information you have found on MyLife and want to go back to. You can also add your own notes and update them whenever you wish.If you are logged onto your account in MyLife, MyPad will save this information until you delete it. If you are not logged in, the information will only be saved for the time you are on the website.Click here to create an account on MyLife

Service summary

Widowed Parent’s Allowance is an allowance for those whose husband, wife or civil partner has died; and they have at least one child who they are receiving Child Benefit for.

You may be entitled if:

- you are bringing up a child that you are receiving Child Benefit for (up to 19 years)
- you are under state pension age.
- your partner, husband or civil partner paid National Insurance or died as a result of their work.
- you are expecting your late husband’s baby; or your late civil partner’s baby with whom you were pregnant from fertility treatment. 

To claim, you should order a Bereavements Benefits pack over the phone from your local Jobcentre Plus Office. You can also download a claim form from the GOV.UK website.

The page was last updated on 6 May 2015

Main address




Back to top