Drugs and alcohol

Are you worried about your drug or alcohol use?

With the right support, you can make a full recovery from your drug and/or alcohol problem. It will be a challenge but you can be supported to lead a healthier and happier life.

There is no completely safe level of drinking, but by sticking to recommended guidelines you can lower your risk of harming your health.

Find alcohol units on NHS Choices website

Support in Redbridge

There is support available if you or someone you know would like help with drug and/or alcohol issues.

R3 (Redbridge, Recovery and Reintegration) is a free and confidential support service for individuals and their families affected by drug and alcohol problems.The service is delivered by WDP and supports individuals and their families who wish to receive advice, assessment and treatment for their drug and/or alcohol problems.

The service is open to all Redbridge residents aged 18 or over, as well as their families and carers and is based in Ilford Chambers in Ilford town centre. Any professional, such as housing support worker, social worker or nurse, can make the referral on your behalf. You can also visit the service in person or contact by phone.

For more information telephone 0300 303 4612. 

Visit WDP website

Useful links

Other MyLife pages: Healthy living, Redbridge public health directory

External websites: NHS Choices - drinking and alcohol, FRANK, Alcoholics Anonymous, Narcotics Anonymous (NA), Cocaine Anonymous UK