Renting a home

Renting You can rent a house or flat from:

  • The Council
  • Housing association
  • A private landlord
  • Someone you know
Tenancy agreement You get as much help from carers as you need.

You will need to sign a tenancy agreement and pay rent.
Choice based lettings There is a scheme that is run by the Council to allow people to bid for flats to rent. It is called Choice based lettings.

The scheme is open to everyone but the person who needs it the most will be offered the home.
Home advertisements Homes are advertised in the local newspaper, on the internet or through local letting agents.