We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website.   If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive cookies, but if you want, you can change your cookies settings at any time.

Help with personal care

If you are having problems with daily activities such as bathing, washing or dressing yourself, even with help from equipment, you may need help from a care worker. This could for example include a care worker who would come in the morning to help you get washed anddressed andthen in the evening to help you get ready for bed.

Support in Redbridge

You can choose to employ a care worker or personal assistant privately or through an agency. They will arrange for someone to come and give you the support you need to live independently in your home. Make sure you employ someone who is registered with the Care Quality Commission (CQC).

Search MyLife service directory

Age UK Redbridge, Barking & Havering offers older people a service called Daisy Fresh. Daisy Fresh provides assistance to bathe and shower safety, help with cleaning and home care.

Visit Age UK website.

You may be able to get help from Redbridge Health and Adult Social Services. They will need to carry out an assessment of what your needs are to see if you are eligible for care and support from the Council.

Visit eligibility criteria page

Complete online contact formto request an assessment or telephone 020 8708 7333

Useful links

OtherMyLife pages: Preparing meals, Equipment, Taking medication, Incontinence support

External website: Age UK Redbridge, Barking & Havering, Care Quality Commission (CQC)

Back to top