Beating Eating Disorders (b-eat)
b-eat can provide a range of information and advice on all types of eating disorders, including:
- message boards
- online support groups
- local support groups
- special programmes based in London, Norfolk and Wales
- directory of where to find support
- volunteering opportunities
- training for professionals including schools and practitioners
You can contact the helpline or look at the website whether you:
- want advice for yourself,
- are worried about a friend or family member,
- have any questions about eating disorders.
b-eat provides an adult helpline for those who have any queries about eating disorders.
Alternatively, if you are concerned about a child or young person who may have an eating disorder, there is a dedicated helpline or call back service to offer support.
If you are a young person and would like to discuss eating disorders with someone at b-eat please contact 0845 634 7650.
- Helpline: 0845 634 1414 (available to anyone aged 18 or over including parents, teachers and concerned adults)
- Youthline: 0845 634 7650 (available to anyone aged 25 or under)
- Youthline text service: 07786 20 18 20
(if you would like to arrange a call back, send the team a brief message with the words 'call back' and they will aim to respond to you within 24 hours and within the Youthline's standard office hours).
- Head office: 0300 123 3355
- Fundraising team: 01603 753 336 or email email@example.com
There is also an online enquiry form which aims to answer general enquiries as soon as possible.
The page was last updated on 15 April 2015