National Careers Service
The National Careers Service offers practical, impartial and confidential advice to help anyone make the right career choices.
Whether you would like to learn new skills, are considering a change career, looking for a new job, seeking a promotion or returning to work on reduced hours, the National Careers Service has lots of tips and advice to help you consider your options and make the decision that is right for you.
- information and advice which is tailored to your needs
- online tools such as skills health checks and action plans
- job market information and articles
- job profiles
- real life stories and advice
- online learning record to help you keep track of the courses that you have taken
- redundancy advice
The website contains a wealth of information, inspiration and advice, and the team can be contacted by:
- phone. Calls are free and if you're calling from a mobile, you can request a call back.
- email (using the online web form).
- a live web chat.
- face to face. To speak to an advisor at your local office, call the main telephone number and the team will book an appointment for you.
For visually impaired visitors to the site, minicom and Type Talk services are also available.
Seven days a week, 8am to 10pm
The page was last updated on 15 March 2019