Care Quality Commission (CQC)
The Care Quality Commission (CQC) is the independent regulator of health and social care in England.
They regulate and monitor a range of services to ensure that you are able to find the right type of high quality, care for you.
Services which fall under the regulatory responsibility of CQC are:
- care homes
- care services in your home
- doctors and GPs
- mental health
- community services
CQC is a key organisation in the care system and they provide information on how to find your way if you are mew to using health and social care services and what you need to do to find the right care service for you.
CQC provide information and assistance relating to:
- The social care system
- Navigating the social care and health system
- A social care directory listing all registered care homes, home care and social services in your area
- A health care directory listing information on how to find your local NHS provider, private, voluntary and mental health services
- Monitoring, inspecting and rating health and social care services
- Concerns about care