Short term support
Reablement is short-term support, which helps and encourages you to regain lost skills and confidence.
The service is for people over 18 who live in Redbridge and whose safety or independence are at risk.
You might need extra support because:
- you are returning home after being in hospital or temporary residential care
- you have developed physical disabilities or a temporary illness
- you are becoming older and require support to remain in your own home , or
- there has been a change in circumstances relating to your care and support
What support is provided?
Care staff will work with you to find out what you are capable of doing, what is causing your difficulties and what help can prevent your situation from getting worse.
Support can include:
- washing and dressing
- meal preparation
- household tasks and shopping
- getting around and out of the house
- getting involved in social and community activities
Cost for the service
Redbridge Health and Adult Social Services will provide a free reablement service which can last from a few days up to a maximum of six weeks to individuals willing to participate in tasks and goals to improve their independence.
After six weeks, a social worker or occupational therapist will review your progress to determine if further support is required. If support is required, an assessment will be carried out to see if you are eligible for Council support or if a contribution towards the cost of your ongoing support is required.
If no further support is required or you are not eligible, Redbridge Adult Social Services will provide information and advice about alternative community services that can support you to live independently and as safely as possible.
How to get in touch
Complete online contact formto make a request for an assessment to Redbridge Health and Adult Social Services or telephone 0208 708 7333